Thursday 12 June 2014

Loving Mr. Daniels Book Review



Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry 
Genre: N/A, Contemporary Romance 

To Whom it May Concern,

 

It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 



When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. 



When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons.

 

Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.



It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.



It was ours. 



And for those reasons alone, I would never apologise for loving Mr. Daniels.

 

-Ashlyn Jennings

"My bounty in as boundless as the sea. My love as deep; the more i give to thee, the more i have. For both are infinite." 

Let me just start off by saying i loved this book! This story was so much more than just a forbidden romance. It was such a beautiful story. heart-warming and touching and at times heart-breaking, i love every single minute of it.   

"Why didn't anyone ever throw reading parties? I would be all over that crap."

One of my favourite lines in the book! haha and so true, perfectly describes me! Ashlyn was a really relatable character and i felt really connected to her. She was so believable, and some of the things she would say...i just really loved her. 

"Because pretending to be happy is almost like being happy. Until you remember that you’re only pretending. Then you’re sad. Really sad. Because wearing a mask every day of your life is the hardest thing to do. And after a while, you get a little scared because the mask becomes you."

Ashlyn is dealing with the worst kind of tragedy. She is depressed and lonely and is struggling to deal with the death of her twin sister, Gabrielle. This is when she meets Daniel, who is struggling with a few tragedies of his own. I really felt the connection between these two characters. I loved their interactions and basically everything about them. As i said, this is more than just a student-teacher forbidden romance story. Romance is no doubt a huge part of this story, but it deals with so much more than that. It was about family and friendship, and love and loss. I was close to tears a few times while reading this book, and i don't often cry in books. Some parts i just did not see coming. 

I think this book will appeal to anyone who enjoys reading contemporary romance novels. I HIGHLY recommend this book! It's sitting in a high spot on my list of favourite books from 2014 so far and i don't think i'll be forgetting about this book for a long time. 

Please go out and read this book, i don't think you'll regret it! 

"There is no question to the truth of the words, no doubt that fills me inside. From this day forth, the only thing i ever want to do is love you. Always, Always, Mr. Daniels."  



You can also find me on:



No comments:

Post a Comment