Thursday 19 June 2014

Take a Chance by Abbi Glines Book Review


Take a Chance by Abbi Glines 
Genre: N/A Contemporary romance 



 When Harlow Manning's rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan's room in nothing but his boxer briefs.

Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her veins. He'd known about Nan's reputation, but still he couldn't resist her. Nothing makes him regret the fling more than meeting Harlow, who sends his pulse racing. Yet Harlow wants nothing to do with a guy who could fall for her wicked half-sister;even if there are no strings between Grant and Nan. Grant is desperate to redeem himself in Harlow's eyes, but did he ruin his chances before he even met her?
First I just want to let you all know that although this can be read as a standalone, it is part of the Rosemary Beach series and I personally recommend reading all of the other books first! Otherwise you may get spoiled for certain things and/or confused about what is happening! 

I really enjoyed this book. I've wanted to read Grants story since he first appeared in Fallen Too Far. However...he annoyed me a bit in this book.  If you've read the Fallen Too far series you'll know all about the character, Nan...and man do I hate her. I was getting so frustrated with Grant in this story! I just can't comprehend why anyone would want to be with Nan??? She acts like the most spoiled little brat on the whole planet. All because she didn't have a dad growing up. I'm not denying that only having one parent can affect people but honestly...to blame all her emotional problems/bitchy-ness on that one thing? I don't think so. 

"She was running wild again, and Rush wasn't coming to the rescue. He had hung up his superman cape and decided his days of coming to Nan's side were over. I had wanted that. As sick as it was, I had wanted to be her hero"

I know there are people out there that want  book from Nan's POV but i really don't think i could read it!  

Harlow on the other hand, I really liked! She was sweet and kind and to be honest i don't really know what she saw in Grant. This is one of the reasons I only gave this book 4 cups of tea. I wanted to see more of a connection between the two of them. At times i just didn't believe it, you know?  

"When a guy gets the attention of someone like you, he's supposed to understand his luck. Not toss it away. He doesn't get it. find a an that understands your worth"

Now, the plot. I really enjoyed the storyline of this book and I just wanted to keep reading! There is a few twists that I didn't see coming, so that's always good. However I felt a times it was a bit unrealistic. Characters were forgiven a bit too easily in my opinion and I would have liked to have seen this dealt with in a more realistic manner. At one point something devastating is revealed and the characters are forgiven literally within a few pages. Maybe it's just me. 

This one ends on a cliff hanger, so be warned. However the second book is coming out later this year so i'm excited to see where Abbi takes this story! 

I find all of Abbi Glines's books very addictive. They're mostly fairly short as well, so I tend to read them in a short time span. They're great fun reads so I recommend checking out Take a Chance as well as her other books in the Rosemary Beach and Seabreeze series! 

"You're worried about getting hurt, but i don't think you understand yet that you're holding all the damn cards sweet girl. All the damn cards" 

You can also find me on:




No comments:

Post a Comment