Monday 7 July 2014

Book Review: Gabriel's Rapture




Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard 
Genre: Contemporary Adult/New Adult Romance


Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student, Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual delights of the body and the raptures of sex. But when they return, their happiness is threatened by conspiring students, academic politics, and a jealous ex-lover. When Gabriel is confronted by the university administration, will he succumb to Dante's fate? Or will he fight to keep Julia, his Beatrice, forever? In Gabriel's Rapture, the brilliant sequel to the wildly successful debut novel, Gabriel's Inferno, Sylvain Reynard weaves an exquisite love story that will touch the reader's mind, body, and soul, forever.



“I wandered in the darkness looking for something better, something real. I found you, and I'll be damned if I'm going to lose you.”

Gabriel's Rapture is the sequel to Gabriel's Inferno and picks up right where the first book left off. First let me just say that I LOVED The first book in this series! This book was just as good in my opinion. I absolutely loved every second of it! I don't cry in books very often, it's probably only ever happened twice. However, I found myself tearing up at the end of this book. I don't even know why really! I just felt so connected to the story and the characters. 

“I want to be your first and your last. I love you, Julianne. I offer you my heart and my life.”

Oh, Gabriel. Professor Emerson. I love that man.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy both Gabriel and Julia as characters. They are not perfect, they have both made mistakes. I think this is why I like them so much. I felt so connected to them, which is why I got so emotional while reading this book. They both feel so real. Sometimes in books the male is portrayed as being 'perfect'. I liked that Gabriel had flaws, and that they were actually acknowledged and discussed in the book, not just shoved under the rug.

“She was his as surely as if he'd branded his name on her skin.”

There was no doubt in my mind that Gabriel and Julia were meant to be together. I loved them together and I was hoping they would finally be able to be happy! And they were, for a short period of time and then everything comes crashing down...I was devastated at times during this book. I was frustrated and angry, especially at Gabriel! But I still held out hope and in the end I was very happy. 

This series isn't really like anything i've read in the new adult/adult genre before. While is may appear to be the classic teacher/student relationship, there is so much more to the story than that. I think the focus on both Julia and Gabriel's love for Dante gave this story a very unique plot and the way the characters interacted just seemed to have a sophisticated feel to it. It's hard to explain really, this series just feels so different! I also really liked the writing style and some of the language used was just so beautiful. 

I would highly recommend both books one and two, to anyone who enjoys contemporary romance or perhaps if you are interested in Dante like Gabriel and Julia both are. Please, please, please read this series because it is so amazing! 

“I breathe you,” he whispered. “You’re everything. You’re the air.”



You can also find me on:


No comments:

Post a Comment